Model 205 Weimar-Berlin
Product no.: 205 W-B
Browse these categories as well:
Handcrafted Instruments, Doublehorns
Bb/F Doublehorn in brass
- concept of horn development joint venture between Scott Bacon and Martin Ecker.
- design inspired directly from an exceptional pre WWI C.F. Schmidt "Weimar-Berlin"
- original bell mandrel was discovered, purchased, and is being used... the bell is not a "copy"
- bell flare includes a copper plated steel wire, "soldered in" LIKE THEY USED TO DO IT....
- Mouth Pipe from a successful original C.F. Schmidt pipe submitted to us through Lou Denaro (owned by Dick Martz) THANK YOU!
- Mouth pipe slightly modified to preserve tonal structure but improve intonation.
- all bracing is hand made from brass rod, annealed, further worked, fit to each horn individually
- all slides are hand lapped brass inner and outer
- Valve design and philosophy of this horn is inspired by Carl Geyer.
- fully adjustable thumb pad with reversible mechanical Miniball linkage F/Bb or Bb/F
- detachable bell
- articulated string linkage for valves #1,#2,#3
- easy to pivot and remove Bb and F 3rd valve crooks
- 12mm bore
- bell diameter 31cm
- traditionally hand bent tapered parts and branches
- changeable receiver/adapter easily changes between German or American mouthpiece shanks.